Pacific Beach State Park
Run with your kite, or your dog, on a flat sandy beach. Inhale the salt sea air and listen to the Pacific Ocean as it crashes on the shore by your side. Help the kids build sand castles, go fishing or dig for clams in season.
This small camping park northwest of Aberdeen features waterfront tent sites, yurts and RV hookups, so the fun doesn't have to end at sundown. Make a small fire on the beach (be sure it's more than 100 feet from vegetation), roast up some s'mores and watch the evening sky turn blue and then black with stars - or gray with storm clouds.
You will remember Pacific Beach as an invigorating day or weekend stop or special camp stay on a road trip to the coast.
Pacific Beach State Park is a 17-acre camping park with 2,300 feet of ocean shoreline.
PARK WI-FI SERVICE
Use our interactive ADA recreation map to search for other state parks with ADA amenities and facilities.
Picnic & day-use facilities
The park has eight unsheltered picnic tables, available first come, first served. Day-use parking is limited. If visiting with a large group, contact park staff at (360) 276-4297 for parking options.
Water activities & features
- Fishing (saltwater)
Other activities & features
- Beach exploration
- The beach is closed to clamming unless otherwise announced for a specific season.
- A recreational license is required for fishing and shellfish harvesting at Washington state parks. For regulations, fishing season information, or to purchase a recreational license, visit the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife.
- Strong rip currents and drift logs may pose hazards to surf fishers, swimmers, ocean kayakers and beach walkers.
- Vehicle traffic is allowed seasonally on portions of the beach. Driving is allowed only on the uppermost hard-packed sand, and all the rules of the road apply, as on a public roadway. The speed limit on the beach is 25 m.p.h. All-terrain vehicles are not allowed in the park or on the beach or dune areas.
- Printable park brochure (PDF).
The park has 18 standard campsites, 41 partial-hookup sites, two yurts, one dump station, two restrooms (ADA) and six showers (ADA). Twenty-six sites are on the waterfront but are unshaded. All hookup sites offer electricity only and are back-in only. Maximum site length is 60 feet (limited availability). The dump station offers fresh water for RV holding tanks. No campfires or portable fire pits permitted in the campground. Charcoal and propane barbecues are permitted. Fires are allowed on the beach. Beach fires need to be more than 100 feet away from vegetation and need to be attended at all times. Make sure the fire is completely out before leaving.
Check-in time is 2:30 p.m.
Check-out time is 1 p.m.
The two yurts at Pacific Beach are within walking distance of the beach. Each yurt is 16-feet in diameter by 10-feet high and is furnished with bunk beds that sleep three, a full-size futon, small end table, overhead light, electrical outlet, and heater. Outside there is a picnic table and a covered entry way that is ADA accessible. All yurts are heated, but visitors should take along blankets and warm clothing as evenings can be cool. For more information, visit our cabins and yurts page.