The Washington State Parks Boating Program is promoting the national Spring Aboard campaign, encouraging boaters to register for a boating safety course during the week of March 17 through March 23. Many education providers and partners offer discounts or other incentives for students who enroll in or complete a boating safety course during the campaign — details noted below.
The online courses listed are state-approved, but the Boating Program does not recommend any course specifically over another. The online course providers are privately operated. Washington State Parks does not receive any money from course fees charged. Some courses are free, others charge a fee. The fee is typically charged when the exam is passed. The course fee is determined solely at the discretion of the online course provider.
The following two providers have been authorized to sell the Washington State Boater Education Card and collect payment online once the course has been passed. This allows boaters to eliminate the step of mailing an application and card fee to Washington State Parks.
- Cost $34.95 — 50% off during Spring Aboard campaign, March 17-23, 2019, using code SpringAboard19
- Customer Service: 800-830-2268
- In addition to the course fee, the vendor will charge $10 plus a $0.50 handling fee for your boater education card.
- Practice tests are available. Practice quizzes are offered after each section, and allow unlimited free practice tests.
- Cost $29.95 — 50% off during Spring Aboard campaign, March 17-23, 2019, using code SpringAboard19
- Customer Service: 866-764-2628
- In addition to the course fee, the vendor will charge $10 for your boater education card.
- Practice tests are available.
- Course offers fully animated and narrated study guides, with visuals for all exam questions.
The following course providers are not authorized to sell the Washington State Boater Education Card. After passing the course exam, you will need to submit a Boater Education Card Application (PDF), along with $10, and a copy of the certificate of completion to the State Parks Boating Program. From there, your card will be mailed to you.
- Cost $29.95
- Customer Service: 866-262-8222
- Unlimited free practice tests are offered. Online certification exam is free.
- America's Boating Course downloadable course manual. Washington State study guide included.
- Cost $19.95
- Customer Service: 877-677-2628
- Free practice quizzes are offered after each section.
- Study material is Washington Boat Operator online manual.
- Cost $24.95
- Customer Service: 877-655-7778
- No practice test
- Study material provided in online course
- No fee
- Customer Service: 800-245-2628, ext. 3208
- Practice quizzes are offered after each section and allow unlimited free tests.
- Study material provided in online course manual.