Mount Spokane State Park Fire Lookout
Quartz Mountain Fire Lookout
For a unique and memorable vacation, spend the night in the fire lookout that sits atop the rocky summit of Quartz Mountain in Mount Spokane State Park. Perched at an elevation of 5,129 feet, the lookout provides stunning views of the Spokane valley, the north Idaho panhandle and the Selkirk Mountains. In the summer, the landscape is wildflowers and huckleberries.
The lookout is 14-by-14-feet in size. It is a wood-frame structure with wrap-around windows and deck. Visitors must provide their own food, and a propane stove is available for cooking. There is no electricity in the lookout.
Access to the lookout is hike-in or bike-in only. The trail to the lookout is 2.7 miles. Parking is located at the Selkirk Lodge. See map to find the location of the Quartz Mountain Lookout.
Check-in time is 4 p.m., check-out time is 11 a.m.
Reservations required a two-night minimum stay.
The lookout can accommodate up to four people. Pets are not allowed.
- Cabinet with counter
- Cutting board
- Two dishwashing tubs
- Emergency lantern
- Fire extinguisher
- Drinking water
- Table and three chairs
- Two single beds with mattresses
- Two additional mattresses
- Picnic table
- Campfire ring
- CXT concrete vault toilet
To make a reservation at this park, visit the reservation website. The lookout is available June 15 through Sept. 30 each year.
- Bed linens are not provided. Campers must bring their own linens and blankets.
- Cooking is not allowed in platform tents, wall tents, teepees, lookouts or yurts. Cooking is allowed only in cabins with kitchenettes.
- Pets are only permitted in designated pet-friendly overnight accommodations for an additional fee.
- Smoking is not allowed inside.
- Washington State Parks pass discounts do not apply to cabins, platform tents, teepees, vacation houses, yurts or other roofed overnight accommodations.
Reservations & cancellations
Unless otherwise noted above, reservations may be made online or by calling (888) CAMPOUT or (888) 226-7688. Reservations may be made nine months in advance of the arrival date. The rental fee and non-refundable reservation fee must be paid in full at the time a reservation is made. This holds the rental facility until 1 p.m. on the day after the first reserved night.
Cancellations may be made online or by calling (888) CAMPOUT or (888) 226-7688.
Other overnight accommodations
Check out other overnight accommodations available at Washington state parks.