Lifetime Disabled Veteran Pass


Offered to Washington state residents who are veterans with a 30% or greater service-connected disability rating.

Benefits of the pass include:  

  • Free entry to state parks.
  • Free boat launch
  • Free trailer dump
  • No reservation fees.
  • Free nightly camping or moorage.

Disabled Veterans Lifetime Pass

The Disability pass does not take the place of a Discover Pass. It will not be accepted in lands managed by Washington State Department of Fish and Wildlife or Department of Natural Resources.

How to apply

Submit an application and proof of residency, and disability.

Download the Lifetime Disabled Veteran Pass Application

Get an application at many state parks or region offices.

Have an application mailed to you by calling (360) 902-8844, or the Washington Telecommunication Relay Service at (800) 833-6388. 

Submit all completed applications to:


Washington State Parks
P.O. Box 42650
Olympia, WA 98504


(360) 586-6640


Submit proof of Washington State residency

Must be a current Washington State resident for at least 3 consecutive months. Submit 1 of the following documents:

  • Valid Washington State driver license. 
  • Valid Washington State identification card.
  • Valid Washington State voter registration card.
  • Washington State senior citizen property tax exemption.
  • Other proofs of residency may be accepted.

Note: We can not accept a Washington State driver license with a “military” expiration if it has been more than 90-days since you separated from active duty. That driver license is no longer valid. Please contact Department of Licensing to renew your license before applying for this pass.

Submit proof of disability

We can accept a letter from the VA, on official letterhead, that states your combined service connected disability rating of 30% or greater.  Letters must be dated with in last 2 years.

We will not accept your DD-214, the identification card issued by the VA Health Care system or a Retired Military Identification card.

Do not submit original documents.

Washington State parks Discount Pass Rules and expectations

Pass holder expectations:

  • Do not alter or make copies of your pass.  Never share your pass or pass number with others.


  • Pass holders will be charged $15 to replace lost, stolen, or damaged passes. 


  • The pass does not provide discounts on annual permits, extra vehicle fees, roofed shelters, group camps or other services, except as noted. 


  • The pass cannot be used with any other pass or discount. 


  • The pass holder must cancel reservations if unable to use them.


Camping rules:


  • The pass holder must be camping and present at the site to receive a discount. 


  • The pass is only valid for the person it is issued to. The pass must be valid and physically with you during your visit. Be prepared to provide photo ID.


  • All camping discounts and associated benefits are limited to the site the pass holder is camping in.   Discounts and fee reductions are limited to 1 campsite or moorage site per night.


  • Do not make duplicate or multiple reservations for the same night. Including double sites.


Park rules:


  • Camping is limited to 10 consecutive nights at any single park from April 1 through Sept. 30, and 20 consecutive nights the rest of the year. 


  • Moorage is limited to three consecutive nights at any single park. 


  • Pass holders are expected to treat park staff with respect, always follow park rules and staff guidance.  


Violations of these rules, or any other park rules, may result in pass benefit suspension or revocation. Must surrender pass upon request.