Disabled Veteran Lifetime Pass
DISABLED VETERAN LIFETIME PASS - NO CHARGE
Washington State Parks offers this pass to Washington state residents who are veterans with 30% or greater service-connected disabilities.
Benefits of the pass include:
The pass is valid year-round. The pass is valid only in Washington State Parks. It is not valid at National Parks, at lands owned by Washington Department of Natural Resources or at lands owned by Washington State Department of Fish and Wildlife.
How to apply
Fill out the application
Print and complete the application using the link below. If you have trouble printing the application, you may pick one up at your nearest state park or regional Washington State Parks headquarters. To have an application mailed to you, please call (360) 902-8500, (360) 902-8844, or the Washington Telecommunication Relay Service at (800) 833-6388, or send an email to email@example.com.
Submit proof of residency
You will need to submit proof of Washington State residency. State law requires that you have to be a Washington state resident for at least 3 months prior to applying for this pass.
Valid forms of proof of residency include:
- A Washington State driver’s license or Washington State identification card
- A property tax exemption letter provided by the county in which you reside.
Note: If you do not have any of these forms, we may accept other documents on a case-by-case basis.
Submit proof of disability status
Proof of your service connected disability is required. This needs to be a copy of the letter you received from the VA that states that your combined evaluative rating for service connected disabilities is 30% or greater. The letter must be on VA letter head. We will not accept your DD-214, the identification card issued by the VA Health Care system or a Retired Military Identification card.
Note: If you are using a Washington State issued driver’s license that has the “military” expiration and it has been more than 90 days since you separated from active duty, that driver’s license is no longer valid. You will need to contact the Department of Licensing to renew that license before applying for the Disabled Veteran Lifetime pass.
Submit completed application
Completed applications should be delivered to:
Washington State Parks
1111 Israel Road SW
P.O. Box 42650
Olympia, WA 98504
Washington State parks Discount Pass Rules
- Pass must be valid and present with you during your visit.
- Pass holder must be camping at the site to receive the discount.
- Campers are limited to a 10-day stay from April 1 through September 30, and a 20- day stay the rest of the year.
- Moorage is limited to three consecutive nights at any single park.
- Pass cannot be used in conjunction with any other pass or discount.
- Pass only valid for person issued. Proof of identification required at check in.
- You must cancel your reservation if you are unable to use it.
- Do not make duplicate or multiple reservations for the same night.
- A fee of $15 will be charged for replacement of lost, stolen, or damaged passes.
- Pass does not provide discounts on annual permits, reservation fees, extra vehicle fees, roofed shelters, or other services, except as noted.
- Do not alter or make copies of your pass.