Washington State Parks and Recreation Commission offers the Disability pass to all Washington State residents who are legally blind, profoundly deaf, developmentally disabled or who meet the disability definition used by the Social Security Administration. Don't see yourself here? Call us at (360) 902 8844 to see if you qualify.
Benefits of this pass include:
- Free entry to state parks.
- Ability to reserve ADA accessible campsites.
This pass is free to apply for and must be renewed every 1 (temporary disability) or 5 years (permanent disability).
The Disability pass does not take the place of a Discover Pass. It will not be accepted in lands managed by Washington State Department of Fish and Wildlife or Department of Natural Resources.
How to apply
Submit an application and proof of
SUBMIT PROOF OF WASHINGTON STATE RESIDENCY
Submit proof of disability
Provide 1 of the following acceptable proofs of disability:
Please Note: Residents of Washington who have been issued a disabled parking ID card, or special license plate for a permanent disability under state law, are entitled to free use of trailer dump stations, watercraft launch sites, day-use vehicle access to parks and up to a 50% reduction in campsite or moorage fees.
Do not submit original documents.
Washington State parks Discount Pass Rules and Expectations
Pass holder expectations:
- Do not alter or make copies of your pass. Never share your pass or pass number with others.
- Pass holders will be charged $15 to replace lost, stolen, or damaged passes.
- The pass does not provide discounts on annual permits, reservation fees, extra vehicle fees, roofed shelters, group camps or other services, except as noted.
- The pass cannot be used with any other pass or discount.
- The pass holder must cancel reservations if unable to use them.
- The pass holder must be camping and present at the site to receive a discount.
- The pass is only valid for the person it is issued to. The pass must be valid and physically with you during your visit. Be prepared to provide photo ID.
- All camping discounts and associated benefits are limited to the site the pass holder is camping in. Discounts and fee reductions are limited to 1 campsite or moorage site per night.
- Do not make duplicate or multiple reservations for the same night. Including double sites.
- Camping is limited to 10 consecutive nights at any single park from April 1 through Sept. 30, and 20 consecutive nights the rest of the year.
- Moorage is limited to three consecutive nights at any single park.
- Pass holders are expected to treat park staff with respect, always follow park rules and staff guidance.
Violations of these rules, or any other park rules, may result in pass benefit suspension or revocation. Must surrender pass upon request.