Disability Pass

Offered to Washington State residents who are legally blind, profoundly deaf, developmentally disabled or who meet the disability definition used by the Social Security Administration.  Don't see yourself here?  Call us at (360) 902 8844 to see if you qualify. 

Benefits of this pass include:Disability Pass one year

  • Free entry to state parks.
  • Free watercraft launch.
  • Free trailer dump
  • 50% discount on nightly camping or moorage fees.
  • Ability to reserve ADA accessible campsites.

This pass is free to apply for and must be renewed every 1 or 5 years. 

  • One-year, temporarily disabled pass.  Disability Pass-five year pass
  • Five-year, permanent disabled pass. 

The Disability pass does not take the place of a Discover Pass. It will not be accepted in lands managed by Washington State Department of Fish and Wildlife or Department of Natural Resources.

How to apply

Submit an application, proof of residency, and disability.

Download the 1- and 5-Year Disability Pass Application (PDF or Word Document).

Get an application at many state parks or region offices. 

Have an application mailed to you by calling (360) 902-8844, or the Washington Telecommunication Relay Service at (800) 833-6388. 

Submit all completed applications to:


Washington State Parks

P.O. Box 42650
Olympia, WA 98504


(360) 586-6640




Must be a current Washington State resident for at least 3 consecutive months*. Submit 1 of the following documents:

  • Valid Washington State driver license. 
  • Valid Washington State identification card.
  • Valid Washington State voter registration card.
  • Washington State senior citizen property tax exemption.
  • Other proofs of residency may be accepted.

*If applying for a minor child without a Washington State ID card, provide a birth certificate or proof of guardianship.  Include guardian's residency proof.

Submit proof of disability 

Provide 1 of the following proofs of disability:

  • A letter from a state or federal agency on official letterhead stating that the applicant is receiving disability benefits.
  • A copy of a Washington State Disability Placard identification card.

Please Note: Residents of Washington who have been issued a permanent disabled parking ID card, or special license plate, under state law, are entitled to free use of trailer dump stations, watercraft launch sites, day-use vehicle day use parking and 50% off on campsite or moorage fees.

Do not submit original documents.

Washington State parks Discount Pass Rules and Expectations

Pass holder expectations:

  • Do not alter or make copies of your pass.  Never share your pass or pass number with others.


  • Pass holders will be charged $15 to replace lost, stolen, or damaged passes. 


  • The pass does not provide discounts on annual permits, reservation fees, extra vehicle fees, roofed shelters, group camps or other services, except as noted. 


  • The pass cannot be used with any other pass or discount. 


  • The pass holder must cancel reservations if unable to use them.


Camping rules:


  • The pass holder must be camping and present at the site to receive a discount. 


  • The pass is only valid for the person it is issued to. The pass must be valid and physically with you during your visit. Be prepared to provide photo ID.


  • All camping discounts and associated benefits are limited to the site the pass holder is camping in.   Discounts and fee reductions are limited to 1 campsite or moorage site per night.


  • Do not make duplicate or multiple reservations for the same night. Including double sites.


Park rules:


  • Camping is limited to 10 consecutive nights at any single park from April 1 through Sept. 30, and 20 consecutive nights the rest of the year. 


  • Moorage is limited to three consecutive nights at any single park. 


  • Pass holders are expected to treat park staff with respect, always follow park rules and staff guidance.  


Violations of these rules, or any other park rules, may result in pass benefit suspension or revocation. Must surrender pass upon request.