Off-Season Senior Citizen Pass
Washington State Parks and Recreation Commission offers this pass to Washington state residents who are at least 62 years of age.
The pass costs $75 per year. Benefits include:
- Free camping (unless you are staying in a site with utilities. For those sites, there is a $10 nightly fee.)
- Free moorage
The pass is valid seven days a week from Oct. 1 to March 31, and from Sunday through Thursday from March 31 through April 30. The pass can be purchased annually beginning Sept. 1 at most parks and at State Parks headquarters in Tumwater. If you have already been issued a Senior Citizens Limited Income Pass, the cost of the off-season pass is $37.50.
How to use the pass
The pass may be used when making reservations online. The pass number is entered when checking out to receive the discount. If a pass holder makes a reservation for a site they will occupy AFTER Sept. 1, they will have to pay full price for the reservation and be refunded when they purchase their new pass.
The pass is valid only in Washington state parks. It is not valid at National Parks, at state recreation lands managed by Washington State Department of Natural Resources or the Washington Department of Fish & Wildlife.
What you will need to apply
Submit proof that you are at least 62 years of age and a Washington state resident. State law requires that you are a Washington state resident for at least 3 months prior to applying for this pass.
ACCEPTABLE PROOF OF ELIGIBILITY AND RESIDENCY
You may be required to provide one of the following to verify your status.
Note: If you do not have any of these forms, we may accept other documents on a case-by-case basis.
HOW TO APPLY
Print and complete the application using the link below.
If you have trouble printing the application, you may pick one up at your nearest state park or regional Washington State Parks headquarters. To have an application mailed to you, please call (360) 902-8844, or the Washington Telecommunication Relay Service at (800) 833-6388, or send an email to email@example.com.
Completed applications will not be accepted prior to Sept. 1.
Washington State Parks
1111 Israel Road SW
P.O. Box 42650
Olympia, WA 98504
Washington State parks Discount Pass Rules
- Pass must be valid and present with you during your visit.
- Pass holder must be camping at the site to receive the discount.
- Campers are limited to a 10-day stay from April 1 through September 30, and a 20- day stay the rest of the year.
- Moorage is limited to three consecutive nights at any single park.
- Pass cannot be used in conjunction with any other pass or discount.
- Pass only valid for person issued. Proof of identification required at check in.
- You must cancel your reservation if you are unable to use it.
- Do not make duplicate or multiple reservations for the same night.
- A fee of $15 will be charged for replacement of lost, stolen, or damaged passes.
- Pass does not provide discounts on annual permits, reservation fees, extra vehicle fees, roofed shelters, or other services, except as noted.
- Do not alter or make copies of your pass.