Foster Family Pass
Offered to Washington State residents who provide out-of-home care to children as foster parents, caregivers or kinship families.
- Free camping (1 site per night).
- Free day-use entry in Washington State parks.
Parent and child receiving care must camp and visit together to collect discount.
This pass is free to apply for and must be renewed every 2 years.
The Foster Family pass does notDiscover Pass
Download the Foster Family pass application.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (360) 902-8844 or the Washington Telecommunication Relay Service at (800) 833-6388 to request an application.
PROOF OF ELIGIBILITY
Provide parent's proof of residency. Proof must be at least 3 months old.
For out-of-home care:
- Award letter or license from DCYF or DSHS.
- Guardianship court orders from state or Tribal government.
- Verification form filled out by Tribal or kinship navigator authority with a tax return or lease agreement with both parent and child's name.
- Other documents accepted on a case by case basis.
For more information please email call (360) 902-8844 or email email@example.com.
Foster Program Rules and expectations:
Pass holder expectations:
- Do not alter or make copies of your pass. Never share your pass or pass number with others.
- Pass holders will be charged $15 to replace lost, stolen, or damaged passes.
- The pass does not provide discounts on annual permits, reservation fees, extra vehicle fees, roofed shelters, group camps or other services, except as noted.
- The pass cannot be used with any other pass or discount.
- The pass holder must cancel reservations if unable to use them.
- The Foster child must arrive and camp with the caregiver the entire length of stay. Fee reduction is limited to 1 campsite per night.
- Your pass must be physically present to receive discount, be prepared to show your ID.
- Do not make duplicate or multiple reservations for the same night. Including double sites.
- Camping is limited to 10 consecutive nights at any single park from April 1 through Sept. 30, and 20 consecutive nights the rest of the year.
- Pass holders are expected to treat park staff with respect, always follow park rules and staff guidance.
Violations of these rules, or any other park rules, may result in pass benefit suspension or revocation.